Friday, January 23, 2009

Little Update

I'm largely opposed to posting blog updates without photos but since I keep leaving the newest photos on my external hard drive at work I'm thinking it might be better to post now...

So, as any of my other photo less posts I'm afraid this is going to be a bit solemn.

We're okay. Hanging on by a thread... a strong one, I hope. Once I get around to it I'll post the photos from New Year's Day when we met our CO friends Kristin & Roman (and family). We had a great time. :) Since then we haven't been taking too many pictures.

Instead we are checking the mail waiting for the disability, unemployment, or last year's tax return checks that STILL haven't come...

Or we're scraping together something resembling a meal from the things way past their use by date everyone has hidden deep in their cupboards combined with the fresh food leftovers from Lita's state funded preschool food program...

Or we're spending time together hugging, smiling, laughing, talking, doing anything to keep our relationships above water so when we finally come out of this financial crisis we still have a family.

Rod is still applying for every job he can find with no results. I find myself in a position at work where I'm hiring for open positions (none that I can hire Rod for) and getting hundreds of resumes where we used to get 25-30. That's a lot of people being turned away...

One of our cars is broken, and we luckily have another we can borrow... but we have no money to fix the broken one and the payments still come due at the same time each month.

We're surrounded by loving, generous people who do as much as they can and often more than they should to help us... but it's hard for them to support a whole family of three. So we're getting close to decision time. If Rod can't find gainful employment soon it seems as though we're left with three choices. #1 file bankruptcy, #2 move into a studio apartment in a rotten neighborhood, or #3 head to another state where the cost of living is lower.

Which do you think we should do? or... have any other ideas?

No comments: