Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Inventive Eating

Angus has been getting very creative at the dinner table lately. This first selection of photos and videos is an homage to beans & rice, his favorite. Partly for it's tastiness and partly because it sticks to the fork or spoon and helps him build self efficacy. :)





So, today at dinner Angus was eating chicken and rice and I was having some leftover soup. He always wants what I have so I figured I would beat him to the punch and offer him some. Well, like most people, because it wasn't his idea... he didn't like it, and he declined repeatedly.

Later he decided he wanted some and he ate all of the potatoes out of the soup. He demanded more, and despite my explanation that there were no more potatoes left he insisted on having more soup. So, I started to give him little bits of broth mixed with his chicken and rice dinner. He was down with that... but eventually he decided he needed to do it himself. That's when I went and got the camera...

No comments: