Monday, June 1, 2009

Milestones

Well, baby boy... you are a new person every day. I would have to blog at least 4 times a day to keep up, but let's see if I can go back in time and recall some things that really flipped my lid (in a good way, if that's possible...)

5/16/09: i feel like you've been putting words into groups we call sentences for a while now, but this day, at the duck-a-thon at the HB Pier you call to your friend Kehlan by name "Kehlan, let's go ocean!" I nearly died of pride. :)

5/26/09: at dinner your lita asks you what you saw at Sea World (it was 3 days earlier) and you say "buihds" (birds). It's the first time I can recall you answering a question (other than yes or no) without prompting or help finding the words. All of a sudden we can have conversations... I ask you something, you answer, then you ask me something! I can even ask you what you want to eat (usually it's yogurt...)

5/29/09: Now... when we do ask you something and you don't have an answer... know what you do? you say "um" it's adorable.

5/31/09: After a group of people come over for dinner, some of whom you have never met, you break into a spontaneous rendition of "Happ Bertay doyoo" on your own accord. Clearly, this is what people do after dinner with a group of strangers, right?

6/1/09: You love to watch "da oashen" (Planet Earth on Discovery) and today you noticed a waterfall. "wow. that's a big wa-wa" and then for extra effect you turn to your tata and tell him again, "Tata, that's a big wa wa" You're so conversational these days! I love it!

No comments: